May 4, 2010

Today I'm cheating...I actually took this picture last summer, but wanted to post it, as it has been published. Today I received the magazine that printed it and couldn't help but smile. It will be run for the next 3 issues in a local tourism magazine. This is the first mag that has used one of my photos that I'm not actually affiliated with, so there is no bias. I didn't get paid for this, but I really don't care about that. I still own the rights to the photo this way, and I've received proper credit in the mag as being the photographer of it. This makes me quite happy.

The photo is of Elbow Falls, in Bragg Creek, roughly an hour SW of the city. It's a popular tourist spot, with paved hiking paths and safety barriers. Needless to say, to get this shot, I climbed through the barriers and did a bit of rock crawling.

Nikon D80
18 - 55mm
f8
1/2500 sec.
1000 ISO

0 comments:

Post a Comment