May 23, 2010

We made a quick visit to my g/f's parents place this afternoon, and noticed that the crabapple tree in the backyard is starting to bloom.

Nikon D80
Nikkor 18 - 55mm
f5.6
1/640 sec.
200 ISO


No matter what angle you looked at the tree, there was a white flower contrasting against the green background. It was hard to decide which to shoot, and harder to decide which to show on this blog.

Nikon D80
Nikkor 18 - 55mm
f5.6
1/250 sec.
200 ISO

While taking the above photos, I had this little guy watching me and letting out the occasional chirp. These little house sparrows are pretty common and I see them all over the place, but they usually don't sit still long enough for a picture.

Nikon D80
Nikor 55 - 200 mm
f5.6
1/800 sec.
200 ISO

Changing angles for another picture of the bird let me shoot more into the sky for a silhouette. I had to share this one because I love the haphazard lines created from the branches, and the perfect formation of the bird, right down to his beak.

Nikon D80
Nikkor 55 - 200 mm
f5.6
1/3200
200 ISO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that last one. It is totally like something I would put up on my wall.

Mel said...

That tree rocks!

Post a Comment