April 25, 2010

This weekend the Comic Book and Entertainment Expo was in town, and my g/f was there both days for it. Celebrities, comic books, panel discussions, Q&A, she took it all in. I had thought about going, but decided not to. None of the panels interested me, and I'm not into comic books. My interest lay in getting autographs from 3 of  the celebrities and ended there. Instead, I gave money to my g/f, and asked her to get me what she could. She knew which one I mostly wanted, and said she'd definitely get me that one. The other 2 were touch and go (especially considering that one of the celebs creeps her right out). To my surprise, I got all 3. Sure, I didn't get to actually meet the stars, and she did (despite her lack of interest in them) but I'm not bothered by that. A 30 second encounter doesn't do much to excite me.

Pictured above are the 3 autographs I wanted, plus one my g/f got for herself.
From left to right, top to bottom:
Tony Todd (movie: Candyman. He's the one she thought was to creepy, so his was a big surprise), Sid Haig (movie: House of 1000 corpses/Devils Rejects, the one that I really wanted), Malcolm McDowell (movie: Clockwork Orange, one of my personal favourites, and only got this one because the lineup wasn't super long when she went by him), and for her, Tahmoh Penikett (TV shows: Battlestar Galatica and Dollhouse).

Nikon D80
Nikkor 18 - 55mm
f5
1/4 sec
400 ISO

0 comments:

Post a Comment