May 27, 2010

I was able to snap this real quick today on my way home from work. It's raining so I'm not using my D80, as I need a hand to hold on to the umbrella so I don't get the camera wet. The nice part of a simple small point and shoot is how quickly you can have it available and the simplicity of it's use, only requiring one hand.

Canon Powershot SD1200 IS
f4.9
1/40 sec.
400 ISO


Unfortunately, the zoom isn't as good as my D80, and I don't have the control to set my focus exactly where I want (without going in and changing some settings, and risking having the duck take off at any moment). Instead, the camera automatically focuses on what it thinks is supposed to be the subject. In this case, it was the branches of the tree just coming into view in the top left corner (mostly cropped out afterwards). To try and prevent this from happening in the next picture I slowly moved more to the side and in a little. Unfortunately, it spooked the duck, who promptly ran and took flight.

Canon Powershot SD1200 IS
f4.9
1/60 sec.
250 ISO

0 comments:

Post a Comment