June 8, 2010

Thrice played a show in Calgary tonight. It was amazing! They are one of those bands that I found by accident years ago, and have been a huge fan of since. Their style has evolved over the years, and they are definitely defining their own style.

Canon Powershot SD1200 IS
f4.9
1/13 sec.
1600 ISO


Before the show, my g/f and I attended a meet and greet with 5 other people. For about an hour we got to hang out with the band and just talk to them. It was pretty cool, and all the guys are super nice, and surprisingly soft spoken. I spent a majority of the time talking with the bass player (as I tend to do it seems) about surfing, climbing, and other such common topics. Just as the meet and greet was winding down, I had them sign their newest album for me, and we had our picture taken with them.

Canon Powershot SD1200 IS
f3.2
1/10 sec.
1600 ISO


All in all, this whole experience was a great one. Hanging out with the band was a lot of fun, and the show was unbelievable. It was small, probably only about 250 - 300 people roughly, and non stop. I can't wait for them to come through town again.

Canon Powershot SD1200 IS
f4.5
1/8 sec.
1600 ISO

0 comments:

Post a Comment